Dear [ ],
I am [an SLP or other] who is concerned about AAC Specialty Certification. In particular:
I’m concerned this could make it harder for people to get AAC systems:
- No one seems to have investigated the risks in any kind of systematic way.
- It’s already difficult to get funding for AAC systems. What if this makes it harder?
- Will only AAC specialists be successful in getting funding?
- We already have a shortage of SLPs. Doesn’t this make the problem worse?
- While we spend time debating this, we aren’t helping people who need AAC. Can’t we just get back to work helping people instead of piling on more procedures?